Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP access to PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbenpeter

Technical User
Aug 22, 2004
SA
Just installed 2 bcm 50s tied up with ip trunks that works fine they can call inter-office. What do I need to do to give access to the PSTN PRI for out bound calls at location B

Your VoIP trunks at site B need to be assigned with a remote package and then you tell that remote package at the site B BCM to access the PRI pool.

remote access packages are assigned to site A and B. Im getting "network unavailable 3" when I place a call does anyone know that does this mean.

You only need to assign remote packages on the box that has the PRI.

Need a little more specifics about the calling problem, IE, across the network, calling external, does the trouble occur at both sites, etc

Both sites has a pri they want to use both PRI in the event that one site goes down thay can still access PSTN.
Im getting this when the call is being processed "network unavailable 3"

You are talking about programming fallback across the network. The last time I did that was last year and I almost never got it to work.

The procedure is in both the Global Networks BCM Installation guide and Advanced Networking books as well as the CD, but all mine are at home, and that doesn't do you any good. I'll try to remember to look when I get home this evening.

Ok it look like ill have to pull out my documentation. Ill post the solution for reference.

You need to define a routing service at each site so that the local system will attempt a call from the remote system if the local PSTN is unavailable.

You will need to provide more details about dest codes, routing codes, dialplan etc. so that we don't have to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back