Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP 1120E +1140E Time off-weird issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit454

Technical User
Feb 1, 2006
US
I have some 1120 and 1140 VOIP phones installed and have a very strange problem. The time showing on all my 1140E and 2616, etc show the time I have set in switch. Every one of my 1120E are 4 minutes slow. I reset time and all phones change time but all the 1120E always set to 4 minutes behind the time set in switch. Any one ever saw this problem?

if you disable and enable a voip set does it show the correct time?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hey John, I went into ld 32 and disu tn and then enable tn and the time didn't change.

I know i2002 and i2004 phones only update their time every 4-5 minutes from the switch. Have you seen this update duration on the 1120s as well?

Hey NortelVoIP, I do see the 1120 update. When I switch time on the switch, the times will change on the 1120 and 1140 but the 1120 always set to 4 minutes slow than what I have in switch. Example, if I put in 3:00 I will see the 1140 go to 3:00 and can watch and see the 1120 go to 2:56. It is on all my 1120 like that, but the 1140 I have are all correct....

that' makes it a very strange issue (more strange).. we had some time drift issues about a year ago and found out that the lamp aduit was not running so that each set was in freerun.. but your sets are in sync... they have to be clocking via something other then the cpu.. check everything connected that has clocking outputs

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back