Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Void/Reverse Journal Entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kateno9

Technical User
Dec 18, 2003
US
Is there a way to void or reverse a journal entry in MAS90? I'm fairly new to this software but I've been able to do so in other software packages. After looking at all the ways I can think of and looking through the manuals, I have had no luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kate

Subject:
How to void a journal entry in MAS 90/200

Possible Resolution:
There is no way to void a journal entry in General Ledger. The entry must be reversed through General Journal Entry to the date it was originally posted.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Reversals may be accomplished by entering a "reverse date" in the original data entry.

As previously noted - if the AJE has been posted without a reverse date - you'll need to manually reverse.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

Thank you for your help. I do know that I can do a reversing entry by putting a date into the Reversing date field. I was trying to void (or in some software it's called reverse) a couple of long journal entries without having to rekey offsetting lines into MAS90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back