Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemial issue (Merlin Mail V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comput3rGuy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2012
US
A secretary came back after the summer and changed her VM message to the standard fall message...now it will not let you leave a message. She does not remember how she did it and I cannot figure out how to fix this...
When you call in and she does not answer the message plays but it does not Beep and at the end of the message you says good by and disconnects the call.
I checked and the are no messages in the mailbox.
Please help!

Is it a mailbox or automated attendant that is answering? You should at least be able to play the activated greeting for a mailbox.

TouchToneTommy this a Mailbox and the only greating that is set up it greating one which also is the active greating...Sorry for not including that information in the origional post. This is the school attendence secretary for one of our High Schools, any ideas will be appreiciated.

So you should be able to log into the mailbox, select 3 for Name or Greeting, then 1 for Greeting, and the next thing you should hear is which greeting is currently active. From there you will hear options to Record, Change, or Delete a greeting, and another to Activate a greeting.

The Merlin Mail R1 is pretty old, and without checking the manual, which you can find at I'll just assume that it can have multiple greetings, but log into the mailbox and check for sure.

TTT, I did all that...there is only one greating recorded for that extension (Greating 1) and it is telling me that, that greating (Greating 1) is active. Is there something that I am or could be missing with what you are telling me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back