Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemails ending at wrong extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spragers

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2023
US
Hello!

I've run into an odd situation: we have voice mail through our phone service provider (Brightspeed) and they handle voice mail for our two main lines. Internally, several of our extensions have mailboxes on our Nortel system, but these should only come into play when a call gets transferred internally. Lately, one of our internal extension mailboxes has been getting random voice mails left to it (sometimes it's a FAX machine, yesterday it was the automated call from our security company) when nobody is transferring any calls to it.

Assuming I've somehow changed a setting that would forward calls to the extension in question, does anyone have a suggestion as to where to look in the phone system settings? I inherited this system with virtually no documentation.

Thanks!

I should have said "in future" to post here.
I will add to your question in the original thread.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back