Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemails cutting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0mmUN1cAt0r

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
GB
anyone come across a problem where users listen to there voicemail and the message starts, then cuts out, then comes back on again? 2 IP office site with central voicemail, customer had checked storage space on the voicemail pc, plenty of room still on it? any ideas?

I've seen this and it is sometimes performance related. For example, not enough RAM or a server being bogged down by other tasks. Of course, there are been episodes where a restart of the service remedies the problem. Could you tell me a bit more about the voicemail server itself? Are you using an overly aggressive virus scan agent on the box? Z

I also am having an issue like this issue after we updated to IP Office 4.0. Our customers will be leaving a message and it just ctus them off. It was working fine before we made the upgrade. There's no common ground on any of the calls. Some will go for 8 seconds others will go for over a minute. The recording max is set to 4 minutes.

System specs:
Celeron 2.8ghz
512mb RAM
Anti-virus is set to run when we have the fewest calls, ie dead of night.

We are only running 9 analog lines and the basic 4 user mailbox for VM Pro.

Any thoughts?

J.

try pluging the vm server into the lan ports on the IPO. If there is a router or firewall or bad network equipment in between them that can cause the problem

i have checked the network card, pc spec, voicemail plugged direct into ip office etc but still the problem persists, now it appears that the messages are not recording the full length aswell, the system us 3.1 65 with voicemail 3.18, it isnt quite the correct version so is an upgrade required?

Are you sure it is not truncating the last 7-10 seconds of the message? There was a lengthy thread regarding this posted during the last couple of weeks.

i remember reading it and i did think it maybe related but the customer also reports that certain voicmails left play then dip out then come back on so wouldnt be related to this

We had a problem similar to the ones described. Run a defrag on the machine to fix the messages dipping out and coming back. For the issue of cutting out all together set your network adapter speed and duplex setting to 100mb half duplex. Keep in mind if you run a nightly back up to tape on that server the half duplex setting will make the backup job take forever.

Oh, do this after hours and while no one is checking voicemail. The setting change requires a reboot and if done while voicemail is running bad things will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back