Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2006
US
I'm new to this system. I need to set up a user for voicemail. I set up an account for the user in our voicemail system (Voicegate) however there seems to be that I also need to program voicemail for this user in the PBX. I cannot find how to do this. Can anybody help?

depends on the system type and the voice mail system.. either way your going to need user names and passwords for the mail as well as the system.. and there are no defaults, each system forces those changed on install... if you have those and command line access, one of us can help as soon as we know the system type for the phone system and phonemail.. meridian makes dozens of combinations that work together but have unique access features

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 20
REQ:CHG
TYPE:2616(WHATEVER PHONE YOU HAVE)
ECHG:YEP(AS JOHN WOULD SAY)
ITEM:FDN XXXX (VOICEMAIL EXT)
CLS: FNA HTA MWA
HUNT XXXX (VOICEMAIL EXT)
KEY 5(WHATEVER) MWK XXXX (VOICEMAIL EXT)
THE KEY WILL JUST GIVE THE USER AN INDICATOR AND AUTODIAL TO THE VOICEMAIL, NOT REALLY NECESSARY

That is of course if there is a phone attached. If it's just a voicemail acct, there are two ways to go about it.

Create a phantom dn in LD 10
REQ NEW
TYPE 500
CUST 0
DN (Your mailbox number)
<skip down to FTR>
FTR DCFW 4 (voicemail access number)
<enter>

or

create a dummy ACD in ld 23

REQ NEW
CUST 0