Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsenio

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2006
CA
I have my voicemail forwarded to the users email. However I am trying to figure out what phone number I dial to access the voicemail system. I've gone through the extensions.conf and voicemail.conf but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Sounds silly, I know...but please help me!

here's a example you need to edit your extension.conf
with following depending on what number you want to use

The VoicemailMain application commonly takes no arguments. When the extension is dialed, the user is prompted to enter a mailbox number and their numeric passcode. Within the dialog, the user can check his or her voicemail, store important messages in custom folders, and create new unavailable and busy messages. The syntax to launch the VoicemailMain application with no arguments is shown in the following example:

Example

exten => 7500,1,VoicemailMain

Alternately the VoicemailMain application can take a mailbox number as an argument, in which case it will automatically route the caller to a specific mailbox and ask for the numeric passcode. The following example will route the user to mailbox 6161 and prompt them for the numeric passcode:

Example

exten => 7500,1,VoicemailMain,7100

Steps for Implementing a Fully Functional Voicemail System

Edit voicemail.conf and create an entry for each voicemail box. (See /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf.)

Edit the extensions.conf and call the mailbox from within the dialplan using the Voicemail application. In most cases the voicemail box will be called after the application Dial in an extension. (See /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf and the Dial application.)

Make sure there is an available extension to the VoicemailMain application in order for users to check their voicemail boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back