Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin253

Technical User
Dec 21, 2005
CA
Some users do not have voicemail set to pick up after so many rings. Is there a way when I call their extension to transfer to their voicemail without having to hang up and use direct voicemail feature?

On NEC's I know you can hit '7' after you have dilaed their extension to transfer directly to their voicemail.

The system is a BCM 200.

Set the forward no answer on each set. That can be found under capabilities. Set the phone to forward to the voicemail DN (can be found by pressing feature 985) then the number of rings you want.

Some users for whatever reason dont want calls to go through to voicemail. I was hoping there was a key like on the NEC that you could press to go directly into the voicemail to leave a message after they dont answer.

if the terminal has a mail box transfer feature 986 that drops straight into voice mail

He wants something that the caller can do when they call goes to a phone that doesn't transfer to Vmail automatically, can the caller do something like hit ** to get to the Vmail to leave message.

The only option is the info stilo has stated. You program a transfer to voicemail button (feature 986) and you do the polite thing. You get the caller back and ask do they want to leave a message at the extensions voice mail. If so press the button and you have to dial in the extension number you can not press a internal extension key.

Marshall

I guess I'm the only one that read the question. That's not what he want's. I don't think there is a way to do this myself, but there may be. I have many locations that have DID but the company doesn't want a phone to go unanswered, so phones don't forward to Vmail. It would be nice if when I call one of theses phones that I could press a button and be able get there Vmail.

You can press feature 980 and there extension number. But we know the BCM will not do what he wants but we are giving him options.Feature 980 we allow him to leave a message in the mailbox.But again he will have to hang up the phone.Then dial the feature code above.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back