Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Transfer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneeyebrow

Technical User
Mar 7, 2011
US
Hello,

We have been intigrating Cisco Unity Connection with our Nortel phone system and ran into an issue at one site. This site uses 3904 as the main reception and at the end of the day call forwards to the voicemail pilot. The issue we're noticing is when someone attempts to transfer to an extension from the main greeting (either by dialing the extension or name directory) and the person does not answer, the voicemail reverts back to the main line greeting as opposed to releasing the call to the transfered person. The voicemail box is set up to send the call.

We have another office with a similar set up and this is not an issue.

Is there a setting on the Nortel system that will allow is holding this transfer up? The integration is through qsig.

Thanks for your help.

Post the TNB printout of the 3904 in question.

It sounds to me like there is a restriction taking place and the call is intercepting to what the PBX thinks is the "Attendant". I would be comparing all the trunk and the voice mail link restrictions between the working system and the non working system. Then comparing the working/non-working PBX Customer Data Blocks line by line, with emphasis on sections for RDR, FTR, and NET

Certainly comparing the phones is valuable, but I do not think the phone has anything to do with it if it is Forwarded to voice mail at night. Seems to me the blocking is occurring at the trunk or customer level.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back