Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to text

Status
Not open for further replies.

knguyent

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
Does anybody know if Avaya IP Office 3.0 can convert voicemail to text?? Is there any speech recognition add-in that I can buy? And one last question, I got my IMS working. Instead of sending .wav file, is there a way to convert that to .mp3 or any other format? Thank you all.

Avaya don't do anything that I know of, but you may find a third party who offers software as an add-on.

Check out
These guys have a speech recognition engine for IP Office, but the question you need to ask them is whether or not this can be used to relay voicemail.

For your last question, I can see your logic, but the wav files are already compressed pretty much to MP3 size. Rule of thumb is 1MB per minute, which is similar to MP3 anyway.

Voicemail to text is not available on ipo yet, but can be done with third party equipment. It is in the road map though... for a price... much cheaper than third party equipment though.

As for converting wav to mp3 you can you use some sort of redirect and process in exchange or use qmail type smtp (linux) server that converts the wav file to mp3 and resends. mp3 is atleast 1/10 the size of ipo wav files

hate to revive this dead topic. but i would like to convert .wav files to .mp3 for the voice mails..

anyone done this?

One of my customers is doing that.

They send the voicemail to qmail which runs on a limux box. It converts the wav to mp3 then sends it on.

There is a little more to it than that but I can detail if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back