Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
Hello I have a 3300 with nupoint vmail 19.1.1.4.01 and we have an Exchange 2013 email server.

Voicemail to email works for most of the users, but for a few it does not.
I have tried deleting and re-creating the voice mailbox, and my Exchange engineer has revoked and then re-applied the superuser account's rights to the exchange mailbox. I have also checked the email for rules or spam settings that might block the voicemail messages.

Is there anything else I should do to fix this?

Thanks

Have you checked and verified alias is correct and that they are licensed properly?

Did you check the qmail/current log in NuPoint?
It should log the Exchange error(s) in there and should give you more information about what's wrong.

Can you explain qmail/current? The entries in it do not correspond to times when voicemails were created. Thanks

qmail is only relevant for SMTP service.
It sounds like you are using Advanced UM - I would go with the license check issue.
In NuPoint go to UM User Licensing - Click on List Licensed Mailboxes - look for your mailbox that isn't working
The system will allow you to create more advanced UM users than you are licensed for. At this point it becomes a first come first serve action in the order that the mailboxes were created.

Otherwise there is an article on Mitel somewhere that tells you how to tag a logfile for that advanced UM and you troubleshoot from there.

Think it is in /var/vm/logs/msblogs for the advanced vm

Yes, I am using Advanced-UM. The licenses are ok...

I don't have /var/vm/logs/msblogs in my MiCollab log files

We ended up create a service user that has delegate permissions on each mailbox. That was the only way it was consistently working. Also had to have individual users create junk rules as email from MiCollab did not go through normal transport rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back