Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astubs

Technical User
Jan 28, 2014
US
I know that it is possible have voicemail sent to end users as a .wav file via email, but for the life of me I cannot figure out where to start setting it up. We currently use Web Subscriber Options to allow users to get an email notification of a new voicemail, but some users would like to actually get the .wav file.

Any suggestions on how to get this started?

Thanks!

What VM system are you using.. AAM..MM? If your system is using Exchange as the message store this should be native... I believe. If you are using an external message store the only way I was able to make this work when I was testing was via IMAP. I had to enable IMAP on the voicemail system and then setup an IMAP mailbox on my outlook client.

We are using Modular Messaging. We are not using Exchange for voicemail storage.

I just forward the message to my corporate email address using the web client it comes in as a .wav file

We have lots of folks who travel internationally and would prefer to receive their vm's as email regularly. Is there a way to make the process automatic?

We are currently using ours as a plugin with Outlook 2010. Sends as wave files to Outlook from MM or AAM. You just need to configure Outlook. I can find the directions if needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back