Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to email not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmfiftyfan

Programmer
Mar 9, 2006
US
Hello gentlemen,

Got a customer with two offices across town from each other. One is downtown and the other is on the East side of town. Both offices are nearly identical with both having IP Office systems running 8.1 software. Both have five 1608 telephones and 8 channel PRIs. Both use embedded voicemail. Both are using Time Warner Telecom for voice and internet.
Now the voicemail to email has suddenly stopped working at the downtown location. The East office works fine. Both have identical information loaded into them to activate voicemail to email. Both have been working fine for three years.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Lanny

What have you done thus far to troubleshoot the issue?

wow, that is SO how the world works today (I have NAT 9600's that just stop Natting for potentially similar reasons)

couple thoughts.....

is the smtp port 25 or 587? (usually 587 works best if the eMail server supports it, -eMail providers sometimes have to shut port 25 or it gets clogged w spam)

My VMpro upgrade failed to carry forward vm to eMail....we think re-doing the password in the authentication is what 'fixed' it.

All I've done so far to troubleshoot is to verify the voicemail to email settings are identical at both sites - the same as they were before the trouble began.

The SMTP port is 25 on both systems. I'll change the trouble system's port to 587 and request Time Warner to do the same. Neither system has any values entered in the authentication fields.

No authentication with public SMTP server? Can't believe that. Perhaps the connection to SMTP server is bound to the location then?

I suggest to have a look into system monitor with only service\smtp as active filter.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look at SMTP in system monitor.

Just adding to derfloh's post. Maybe the external IP address of the problem site change so it no longer has permission to connect to the external SMTP system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back