Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email failure on 9.1.7 with embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinnessbsc

Programmer
Jan 23, 2007
US
Client is now running 9.1.7 with embedded voicemail (from 9.0.1). VM to email works for a few days and then stops. The only way to get it working again is to reboot. I've seen many similar threads without any definite answer.

I've been monitoring the log files and haven't yet been able to find exactly what is happening when the failure first occurs. One thing that does raise a flag is that after the failure happens, the system keeps trying to send an email to a specific user. This is the same user every time. It looks like it's trying to send packets and then says:

798652172mS SMTP: SMTPServer: something wrong sending email
798652172mS SMTP: SMTPServer: ScheduleRetry
798652172mS SMTP: EMail list is now 1 records long
798652172mS SMTP: SMTPServer::ScheduleRetry qsize=1
798652172mS SMTP: SMTPServer snoozing...

This repeats over and over again until reboot. Customer will be sending more logs tomorrow and I hope I can find where the error initially occurs. Dissapointing that it seems like such a common problem with no real solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back