Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail stops working after a few days 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneDude20

Vendor
Feb 12, 2020
US
I have a client that was on 11.0 with UC module. Every 3-5 days the voicemail stopped working. The service shows it was running. I could stop and restart the service but that didn't fix it. I have to reboot the IPO for it to come back. Since then, I have upgraded to the latest 11.1 and moved the voicemail to an application server and it is still doing the same thing. Service shows running but doesn't connect back up until I reboot the IPO. From system status, I can still ping the application server when it goes down. It is very random when it goes down, it'll work from anywhere from 3-5 days before it fails again. Both IPO and application server are on the same subnet and since it was doing it with the UC module I don't think its network related. Anyone run into this?

Do you have Sip trunks using Stun?
It is a know issue, contact Avaya - they provided our customer with a private build but that still seems to fail after about a week

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

We do have SIP trunks and using Stun. I will contact them.

A better solution would be to enable SIP ALG on the router & remove the need for stun.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

They have Meraki equipment and SIP ALG is not supported on their equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back