Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Stopping R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I figured I would start a new thread as all the other voicemail stopping ones were from 10 years ago...haha.

A customer with server edition running on an on site virtual server was on R11 and was having voicemail issues. The voicemail service would randomly stop. Some times it would come back automatically, other times it would manually need to be restarted. We upgraded to R11.1.2 and the problem is still there. What is the best way to troubleshoot this? I'm unfamiliar with server edition voicemail logs and the best way to get them to see if I see anything obvious.

@gknight1 do you have logs you can share from voicemail? I know this sounds like an odd question but this is Avaya after all.. Do you have voicemail to email setup, or backing up voicemail to a secondary server via SMTP?

i dont have any logs, but i'd be happy to get them. i'm not familiar with voicemail logs on server edition, only with debug and voicemail pro windows. how cna i get what would be helpful.

they are doing vm to email, but no secondary server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back