Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Rings When Forward Unconditional

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterRobot

Technical User
Feb 17, 2016
TN
Hello, i have a to Forward calls Unconditional to Voicemail of the extension 206, but when calling, its rings 2 times or sometimes 3 then goes to Voicemail, i want it directly goes to Voicemail without ringing.
Any Solution ?

you have the user forward unconditional as well as voicemail ticked or are you doing it from a button on users phone

not sure how you set this up on your end but on the forwarding tab if you have unconventional turned on and to voicemail ticked, that gives me 1 ring before going to voicemail. Since i am testing this internally, i had to also tick the internal calls, otherwise it was going to ring its 3 times before going to voicemail.

If you are sending this to another extensions voicemail, enter "#[extension]" w/ [extension] being the extension of the voicemail box you want the calls to forward to.

(i don't know exactly how this would work, but you could try a short-code for a voicemail leave and forward unconditionally to the short-code)

If you have user voicemail enabled
Then try to use DND feature, calls will go to VM directly

i tried the DND feature , its rings 2 times then goes to VM.

The 2 rings is a design feature and you cannot change it.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back