Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail reset to tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

pndscm

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
US
We are trying to reset a voicemail box back to where it asks you to record name and greeting, like the tutorial when you first initialize the mailbox.

I have read that you can change the User to Extension Only then change it back to Extension and VoiceMail to do this but it doesn't work. It still just let's you right into the box.

Any one know how to do this??

I'm pretty sure you have to delete the user account and rebuild.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, deleting and rebuilding isn't an option. We'd have to delete all the users and rebuild them. We associated the phones by logging into the mailbox and then doing the phone association there.

You'd think ShoreTel would have thought of some of this stuff. If I was using the system at a school for dorm's and just built all the User's as DormRoom 101, etc. then as Students move out, I have to delete the whole User database and rebuild every time a session is over???

Have you ever used the DBImport tool? It allows you to create/change/delete user accounts using a CSV file. Has to be in a specific format for the Shoretel server to recognize it. I use it for larger systems so I don't have to do data entry for days on end.

A similiar example also, I use it to create teacher mailboxes and every summer I do an audit and use it to clean out the ones that have left or need to be added etc...

It's an executable that sits on the server in the Shoreware Server folder. You have to run it from command line.

I've used it and it works well. I still don't understand why a simple thing of deleting/resetting a mailbox has to be so complicated.

So every summer you delete all the Users and then re-import the same Users just to clean out their mailboxes?

Seems a little clunky, don't you think? Kind of like if I want to change the oil in my ShoreTel car, I'd have to take the engine out, completely disassemble the whole car, then rebuild it with the same parts with new oil.

I've used it and it works well. I still don't understand why a simple thing of deleting/resetting a mailbox has to be so complicated.

So every summer you delete all the Users and then re-import the same Users just to clean out their mailboxes?

Seems a little clunky, don't you think? Kind of like if I want to change the oil in my ShoreTel car, I'd have to take the engine out, completely disassemble the whole car, then rebuild it with the same parts with new oil.

I agree. I think this is one of the higher rated posts on the Shoretel suggestion site where users/partners can post ideas for future software features. this is a big one for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back