Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail received as attachment,,without the Windows media player integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrphibes

Technical User
Sep 16, 2005
US
I have a computer that receives unified messaging voicemails,,but it receives them as attachments.
Computer is running windows 7 Enterprise, Outlook 2007 and we are on an exchange 2010 mail system.
When you click on the attachment it asks if you want to open or save.If you select open,,it will open windows media player,,,and play the message,,but it doesnt have the media player integrated into the email message,and so media player opens up and plays the message,,but i would like to just have the integrated controls rather than the attachment and the whole opening media player thing..Im sure its a simple fix,,i know because i have fixed it before,,but i must be getting senile,,because i cant seem to remember what i did to get it to work the last time..Any suggestion would be most welcome..

Thank you very much..

Thanks for the reply,58sniper...I havent had a chance to really spend much time on this machine..
I definitely didnt have time to try it on another machine or to create a new profile..
My hunch is that its a file association..I just didnt have much opportunity to play with the computer.
The client was extremely busy, so I have to wait for her availability.
She is o.k for now,,since she can at least listen to the messages,,which she couldnt before..but i would like to get it functioning properly..
Anyway..thank you very much for your response. When i get a chance, i will spend some time with the laptop, and see if i can find anything that doesnt look right.
And of course,,if you have any other thoughts,,i welcome them.

Thank you again for your time and assistance

Found the fix for my situation. It turned out to be the Unified Messaging addin found in the Trust Center of Outlook. It was checked as enabled, so i unchecked it, shut outlook, reopened outlook again, re enabled the add-in, shut outlook and reopened it,,and the media player had reintegrated with outlook.
Dont ask me how or why this occurred,,but thats what got it working again. Go figure.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back