Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail question on a Startalk/ Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboy125

Vendor
May 23, 2006
US
Hello All,
Wow it’s been a long time since I’ve logged into the forum and it looks like a lot has changed. I had a customer ask me a question about his voicemail which I believe it’s a Startalk but it could be a Callpilot 100 but it’s been so long ago I honestly cannot remember. Anyway he asked me if there’s anyway that callers can just say the name of the person they are trying to reach rather then pressing the pound key to dial by name of setting up a CCR path etc. This gentleman is looking for strictly a voice recognition solution this is were I get a little hazy because I haven’t had to mess with this feature that much at all but I do remember there is a such feature it’s (f 988) but I think it only works internally, I’m not 100% but if anyone can shine some light on the topic it would be great fully appreciated.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

Yeah, welcome back.

A few good people have deserted us and some not around that often to the point I feel like a first responder.
[jester]

I know Startalk/Mini/Flashtalk/Callpilot are a no go but I think NAM's IVR would have had this maybe? and possibly BCM450's IVR.

F988 is vmails DirectoryByName/CompanyDirectory but same thing where you need to use the keys.....it is also for internal users only.

Outta ammo!

Cheers

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back