Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoiceMail Pro using Set User Variable to change a number forward. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricaneguy

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
US
I am trying to set up something so the users can remotely change the number of a call forward. The user has one number they want customers dialling that is transferred to the on call person. They want to be able to change the on call person themselves.

I set up a VMPro module with has a Menu box with only $ as an option and tells the user to enter the forward to number. Then it Set User Variable field assigns the digits entered into a user variable.

Another Module has a transfer box that has the user assigned variable as the transfer to destination.

When I go into the first module I can enter a number. When I go to the second module it acts like it is transferring but it goes no where.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or is there a better way to do this.

what about using the prebuilt "personal Options" menu? You can PIn protect it, and you can put it as part of a small callflow built under a user's collect start point, that could give them the option to retrieve mail or muck with their personal options, such as this particular option, for example.

GB

Set it up using the "personal options menu" in vmpro. Create a collect menu where if they press 3 (or whatever) it goes to the personal options menu. This gives the user the ability to activate/change the forward number for the phone. Set the time-out of the menu to go to retrieve their messages.

When the user calls to get their messages, they can press 3 to change the forward number or remain on the line and it will allow them to get their messages (after the set timeout).

Thank you for the tips. This worked.
I was even able to steamline it a bit by creating a Generic Command that all it did was have a command to Set the Forward number. That way they cannot accidentally press the wrong button in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back