Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRISTIAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
MT
Have a client with an old IP406 system running 4.2(20), licensed with Voicemail Pro, and a SOE running 4.2(20) no licenses. Units are linked by an H323 line (no license), calls routed using short codes.

Issue is the SOE is dead and am planning to replace with a new IP500v2 system. now..

1. It is enough for new system to be on essential license right? or will I have problems linking it to the VM Pro server?

You have issues, they will be separated by too large a gap in firmware to operate as designed and it needs to be an SCN link for the 500 to use the VM :)

I'll be suggesting replacement of both systems.

But would it work by just replacing the SOE with IP500v2 with essential and SCN lics? I can also install new VM Pro Software to match version of new PBX and just the IP406 would be the old one.

Well they say "Multisite networking is supported between IP Office systems with differing software levels but network features will be based on the lowest level of software within the network. This option is intended to allow the phased upgrading of sites within a multisite network and it is still recommended that all systems within a network are upgraded to the same level where possible."

But considering both 406s and 4.2(20) is really old I would rather switch em both than hoping it will work.

You'll have a harder time explaining to the customer why they have to change hardware when you run into problems and why you didn't do so in the first place.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

What you can do is this:

1 New IP500v2 install it on 9.1.
Make a call and it is locked to 9.1.
Downgrade the IP500v2 to 6.1.22

2 upgrade the IP406v2 to 6.1.22.
Setup the SCN and it will work.

3 Replace the IP406v2 with another IP500v2 and put them both on 9.1.

And yes Essential and voice networking licenses are enough.
Keep in mind that the IP500v2 requires IP endpoint license for Avaya IP phones in case you have them!!!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back