Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Post Dial Action Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
Wondering if anyone has come across this issue before. This problem started after upgrading the customer to 11.0 or 11.1 I believe.

When someone calls into a hunt group (doesn't matter which one) and they are placed into queue, it will play the Queue menu WAV message and then it gets forwarded to a "Post Dial" action. From here you will hear a female voice say "forwarded" over and over again while they are in queue. This "forwarded" message is nowhere in the WAV file for the post dial. See below,

-> Start Point -> Menu (timeout) ----The issue happens here---> Post Dial -> Disconnect

The second issue is that the WAV file that gets played over the paging speakers from the "Post Dial" is cut off 1 second from the beginning and 1 second at the end. I've extracted the WAV file from the server and played it directly on my PC without any issue. I checked all possible settings and I can't find the root cause of this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

For Queue greetings using VM Pro I have always done this:

Start Point --- Generic --- Disconnect

The greeting is recorded in the Generic module and Disconnect sends the call back to the Queue.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the issue, but I don't know what purpose the Post Dial actions is, or is supposed to serve, in your scenario.

I have had a ticket open with Avaya for this exact issue for about 2 months now. They don't seem to be making any progress in diagnosing or resolving the issue, although I can easily reproduce it in a lab on a number of 11.1 releases.

I can tell you that it persists on the latest 11.1.2.3 and that Avaya Tier 4 doesn't seem to even understand what I'm telling them in regards to this being a problem.

In my case, it's a grocery store using these Post Dial actions for a manager to press a button and initiate canned announcements over the loudspeaker system. The beginning and end of the messages are being truncated as you've described. From what I've found, the longer the message is the more gets trimmed off the ends. Tempted to figure out the exact ratio and add additional silent time to the beginning and ending of my customers canned announcements.

That's what I was thinking of doing also. Create a longer recording with the beginning and the end have a silent period of 2 seconds or so.

Are you also getting a "forwarded" message as I've stated in the original post above? Every time someone is placed into queue, it will say "forwarded" over and over again while the caller is in queue.

For example, customer calls in and hears the menu action message in the Queue module, once they are forwarded to the actual queue... the customer will hear a "forwarded" in a female voice repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back