Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail pro on windows - version compatibility issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qzwsa

Technical User
Sep 26, 2011
CA
Hi all.

I've recently been having issues when using Voicemail Pro on a Windows machine. I'll update to the latest version of R9.1 or R11.0 or whatever, the issue happens pretty consistently across many customer sites, and then when I launch the client to make changes, it throws an error about the version of client not be compatible with the version of server. So, I'm on a local machine, not remote I'm connected via mouse and keyboard, running the included voicemail pro client that was installed with the server just 10 minutes ago, and it tells me "You're not using the right version, the right version is the version number that you're using."

I'm running as administrator, I've tried in Win7 and Win8 compatibility mode, I've ensured the folder (c:\prog86\avaya\ipo\vmpro) is full access to Everyone, I've made sure nothing is read-only. I've tried it directly connected, via RDP, and with TeamViewer. I've had it logged in a domain admin and local admin. It happens with stand-alone systems and with virtualized machines. I've successfully connected when I use the R11.1.3 client-only installed on my laptop but the client running on the server doesn't work.

Has anyone else seen this and more importantly, do you have a solution I can implement?

Thanks,
Qz.

cannot say I have ever encountered that. Did you install a VmPro client only as well as the Full VMpro on that machine? Even though on the lower releases they are all one and the same and only when you install it you can pick and choose.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Yes, I have recently ran into a similar problem. This customer is a single site, version 11.0.2.0 (build 23) with VMPro. I tried connecting, using VMPro Client, from several machines. I would get an error stating that the client is the wrong version, and that the correct version is 11.0.200.0. So I uninstalled the existing version and downloaded/installed this version from the Avaya Support website. After this, I would still get the exact same error message. Upon investigation, I see that the VMPro Client version is still 11.0.2.0 (build 23), even though that is not what I downloaded and installed. I contacted my distributor's technical support, and between the 2 of us, we concluded that this download is not correct. Our plan is to upgrade the IPO and the VMPro to the latest 11.0 versions (11.0.4.8 and 11.0.4800.2 respectively). I was planning to perform this upgrade this week, at the customer's convenience. Somebody please stop me, if there is something that I am missing.

Please remember... If it's not the way that YOU would do it, that does not necessarily mean it's wrong. EVERYONE knows SOMETHING that you do not.

I've not installed a separate copy of the client on the VM pro PC. It's a fresh install of Win10pro with various levels of VM pro software. I have TRIED to install r9.1 VMpro then install the R10.1 client only in a different folder, but that still doesn't work.

I'm almost certain that the build release the software wants you to use is the exact same version of the client that is packaged with it. I'm on site again at the latest victim in about 12 hours so I will be able to confirm that.
VMpro_Client_Isse_gnf8lw.jpg

- Qz

Still having this issue. Have confirmed that I'm using the direct version the server tells me I need. Get the same error if I try to use a r9.1 version of the VMpro client installed on my laptop. It has to be something in settings, or the Windows registry, or something like that. I just have no idea where or what.

- Qz

You could try installing the VM Pro app as Administrator. I always do that as a default to make sure it installs correctly.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Sorry to revive the same old problem but today I encountered the same issue.
R11.0.0 something was the existing version.
The server didn't even let me install the newer version so I uninstalled the version hoping it would work then but the install only ran via command line and the latest 11.0.4.8 has the exact same issue.

I think it may be a server issue but hope that someone has a solution that is not going nuclear with a new server installation.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back