Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro not allowing changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
My Voicemail Pro has stopped allowing me to make any changes to the modules. I cannot click on any of the conditions/lines/etc. within the program, the bar icons are greyed out as well.
I have tried restarting the program/PC and starting/stopping Voicemail Services with no results. I know the passwords between the manager and VMP are the same so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Did you login the vmpro client to the vm pro server?

Okkie26, Yes it is logged into the server IP. I've been using VMP here for 2 years without issues until now.

I think I found the issue.

Out of curiosity, I tried logging into VMP with the secondary server IP. Lo and behold, it works there. So apparently it’s running off of the secondary instead of the primary.

How can I get it to reallocate over to the primary without taking down the secondary?

You will have to get the secondary server offline to have them fallback to the main server takes about 5 minutes. If you change the setting in the client before having it fallback to the main server you will have problems. I learned this from experience. Once they a back to the running properly then go into the client and there is an option to how fallback will work.
Mike

Avaya should find a way to display the fact that the secondary server is active when you open a config from the primary.
That would save a lot of headaches for us.
[sadeyes]

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back