Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail pro Leave action-something funky

Status
Not open for further replies.

RINGINnBLINGIN

Programmer
Dec 21, 2012
US
I created a leave callflow for a user and used a menu that times out to a Leave Mail action with that users extension in the specific tab. In the past, I would use the "beep"(enu/1440.wav) for the beep and it would dumb straight into the mailbox. For some reason, it is now playing the default greeting. This mailbox needs to allow "1" to go to another group to match the rest of the company, and the greeting is professionally recorded.

There's got to be something I'm missing. Any thoughts?

Leave Action just invokes the mailbox itself, which plays its greeting and takes a message.

You probably want a Voice Question, which plays a wav file, records up to a specified number of seconds, and puts the recording into a mailbox as an incoming message.

So use your menu to play the "greeting", Touch Tone 1 to go to your other destination, and Timeout to go to the Voice Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back