Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsaget58

Technical User
Apr 11, 2013
US
I have been having a major issue for the last day. I have an IP Office 9.0.3 with voicemail pro. The current call flow starts by going to a shortcode that goes to a voicemail node short code. In voicemail pro the shortcode routes to a module. Every call into this call-flow rings the system for 3 seconds before ringing busy. When I re-route calls to a standard user, the calls ring through correctly, followed by the voicemail box picking up. After trouble shooting, the calls seem to ring busy, only when routing through a module, and not a stand alone mailbox. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

yes make sure that the short codes are spelled exactly the same on the ipoffice end as well as the voicemail pro, also make sure the name is not too long

Ok. So basically you have your incoming DID, The destination is setup to go to shortcode 7967 (voicemail node). The phone number field is also 7967. Jump over to voicemail pro, short code 7967 has a go to command to a module called "Incoming". You hear a greeting and then calls get dropped into a general huntgroup mailbox. This is basic stuff. So I just had a major break through. If I route the incoming calls to a huntgroup, and setup the hunt group mailbox to do a leave mail, I have the leave go to the "Incoming" module and everything works. It's almost like the "Voicemail Node" short code doesn't work. I also tried doing VM:Incoming in the destination field for incoming call routes.

Thanks!

If ICR> VM:Incoming doesn't work, you got some serious issues in your system.

- Could be conflicting names (that could explain why the VMPro manage to transfer internally)
- Corrupt config or bad install

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back