Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro - Internal Callback

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladcbv

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2015
RO
Hi all,

I am using IP Office R110.4. Do you think the following scenario will be possible using Voicemail Pro programming. The Callback and Out-calling functions are not quite what I need. From what else I've researched it's not possible but maybe I am missing something and that's why I am posting here..

So this is what a client wants:
All sip softphones btw..:
[ul]
[li]User A is in call with User B.[/li]
[li]User C is calling A, but A doesn't answer.[/li]
[li]User C presses a button or dials a code and hungs up[/li]
[li]When A is available, IPO detects that so it calls C, if answer then it calls A and then connects them[/li]
[/ul]

I have always known it as 'Camp On'. Avaya seems to want to call it 'ring back when free' . It is a short code.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

User C calls A, but BEFORE it covers to voicemail, User C presses the Call Back button that appears on one of the soft keys under the display, and then hangs up. When A becomes available, C rings. When C picks up, A is automatically called.

I would have to play with it to be sure, but it seems like you should be able to create a menu in the leave action to camp on. But it would be a pain to modify every leave action to a potentially generic mod. I think I would just leave a VM to have them call back. But that's just me . [smile]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Did it with that short code..
Thanks a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back