Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro getting "stuck" on voice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCNIPOffice

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2010
US
Hi all,

Central Voicemail Pro 8.0.1011 and IP office 8.0.16 in an SCN. Currently using voice question module in VMPro to record messages for callers in autoattendant with the messages going to a group that has voicemail forwarding turned on as e-mail. I've been encountering an issue where it appears VM pro gets "stuck" and when a caller attempts to leave a message, a broken wav file, about 276k in length, keeps getting resent with every new message left instead of the actual message the caller left. Also, the call details sent in the subject are the same for every call--maybe the caller id of the last call before it got stuck?

If I restart the VM Pro service, everything resumes functioning properly. What could be the culprit?

This also happens with autorecord. VMPro otherwise functions properly--announcements play, etc.

Tried to do a voice question -> email action but I can't get that to work at all.

Voice question has nothing in "Send recording to mailbox" option under Specific and next goes to email action with $ as file name as per docs.

This keeps happening. Right now, send recording to mailbox goes to hunt group with VM to e-mail forwarding turned on. I keep having to restart the service.

The voice question has been broken and I guess they did not it completely.
I never trid this so I am not even sure that this should work at all.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

When you do not have any questions then yes you can do that.

But can you try this before you change it.
Restart the service so that it works fine again.
Then change the call flow and do a save and make live when there is at least one VM channel in use.
Then leave a message and see if it is broken.

There are a couple of issues where you can not do a save and make live while not idle.
I wonder if this is your issue.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'm also encountering the issue where saving and channels are in use, so I've been careful to do this when there are no channels in use. I'm assuming this is not the issue.

There are no questions but I didn't want to leave the user with the option to exit into voicemail options like priority, transfer, call another extension, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back