Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro Client Login Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameseguer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2008
US
thread940-1496280

First, thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have. I have read the above thread and tried restarting both VM services and rebooting the server twice. We have not yet re-installed VM Pro, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

As of 2 days ago, we've been unable to log into the Voicemail Pro Client (same server as the service) using Online Mode. The client opens, but when I try to switch to online mode and attempt to connect with either the machine name or IP, it gives and error that it was unable to connect.

The server in question runs Windows 2003 R2 Standard 32-bit with SP2. I just promoted it as a backup DC yesterday but that was after we started having issues logging in.

Thanks,
Alex M.
Network Administrator
Kuiken Brothers
Fair Lawn, NJ

PS - The client version in question is 3.2

backup your call flows and reload VM Pro. I had a similar problem and that fixed it.

Just to let you guys know.

We had our implementer troubleshoot for several hours of very expensive support and they said that updates to versions of the .NET framework interfered with the operation of of the VM Pro Client. We had a bunch of .NET updates on 8/12 and since we didn't need to change any greetings since July, the problem went unnoticed until now. We tried a bunch of things to fix .NET but nothing worked.

Long story short, we reformatted the server and did a clean install of VM Pro. Everything worked great until we woke up the next morning and no auto-attendants were working. Restarting the services and using the client to save and make our config live brought everything back, but only for 2 hours.

I looked at the server again today and noticed that the Key Server icon in the system tray has an X through it. I checked the voicemail licensing in the Manager and License Status is showing up as invalid for both "Voicemail Pro (4 ports)" and "Additional Voicemail Pro (ports)".

Our dongle is still sitting in the server. Any advice?

Is the hardware recognised?

There is a sentinel driver installer on the Admin CD, run that and see what happens

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks for that suggestion mattKnight, it was half of what needed to be done. After installing the sentinel driver (needed to get rid of the I386 part of the directory the installer was looking in), I rebooted IP Office and it showed up as valid. Hopefully this is what was knocking our system offline every 2 hours.

BTW, this thread was also very helpful in resolving this issue.

thread940-1476029

>Hopefully this is what was knocking our system offline every 2 hours

it will be...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

That recently just happened to me... I intend to connect 5 Windows XP Home Edition to one Dell Server R200, with Win 2003 R2. Turns out, these PCs cannot logon to the server. They are invited to type in their user names and passwords but nothing. And then, theres this Login issue with Avaya VMP. So I decided to add a domain name to the server. Last issue solved. I was able to re-install Avaya VMP. But VMP data base open cannot open the database that s connected on one Windows XP PC on the network. So Im considering that its useless to use WIN 2003 R2 on this Server.... I will erase the Disk again and install WINXP on this Server. :)

NoelOhashi,

VMPro runs fine on a 2003 server !
No need for XP
But you have a different problem
And as i told you already, do not use home editions !!!

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes, as mentioned, our Win2k3 Standard R2 server running VMP is working fine for over 24 hours after the license issue was resolved. Previous to this incident, it had been running fine for over 2 years on this OS.

I had this issue with Vm Pro 5.0.21. It was a fresh install onto an XP (SP3) machine...

The VM client would not log onto the VM server no matter how i tried it..

I re-installed VM pro, but had the same problem...

Having read various comments about .NET causing problems, i went to the VMPro install CD and ran dotnetfx20.exe. I selected the repair option, and after that had run, Client would log in !!!!!

Thanks Matt, that info may come in handy in the future :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back