Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail pro client... Can't see mods after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatsmitty

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
We have a 406 v2 that had 4.0 on it. We upgraded it to 4.2.17 and then up to 5.0.26. After the first upgrade all information was shown. This time... not so much. The stange part is that every thing is functioning fine. I will need to see the mods to make changes in the future.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks

You did take a backup before you upgraded?

Did you upgrade the server at the console or did you use RDP?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I used remote desktop during the upgrade...

and no (my live and learn experience of the day) i did not backup first. I ASSUMED that I would be safe since the first upgrade went smooth.

there is NOTHING you can do without a backup of the call flows. sorry - been there done this, feel the pain, learnt the lessons!

try trawling through the voicemail server folders for any backups the system may have made....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I figured as much. I've been looking all morning for backup files, the only thing I find is from over a year ago. It may help some of the rebuild but many things have changed in a years time. I still don't understand how the system is still answering calls with all of the right prompts if the paths don't exist...

>I used remote desktop during the upgrade...

Lesson 1 - Always back the system up, unless you are happy with rebuilding all the call flows

lesson 2 - NEVER use RDP when working with VM pro, unless you play russian roulette as a hobby (or you and everyone else uses the /console command line switch -> simply easier to not use RDP)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

If the call flows are still working just not visible, you can view the root.vmp file in notepad and work your way through that to see what used to be there.

Does the RDP issue also happen when using TeamViewer? Made a change Thursday night through TeamViewer, Friday morning my AA would not work, VMPro did not see any users, only 2 of my 6 groups were in the VMPro, all my mods and recordings were there. Ultimately had to deinstall and reinstall the VM Pro software.

Didn't try exporting since everything looked to be there, except the users and 2 of the 6 hunt groups. I could play my recordings from the menus. I could not *17 from the IPO, nor any of my other AA short codes worked from the IPO to the VMPro. I tried a reboot of VMPro server, IPO, tried a repair of the software. Finally I did a backup, deinstall, reinstall and a restore to get it all back. Was just curious if anyone else has had weird issues caused by Teamviewer like there has been with RDP. It makes me leary to use Teamviewer on VMPro changes.

I had the same problem. All my short codes disappeared when I tried to connect with a extra VMPro client, but the call flows still worked. I just created the short codes again, and the callflow came back so I could see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back