Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro - 64 bit compatibility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteEEnerd

Programmer
Feb 19, 2008
US
I'm having trouble tracking down the Voicemail Pro compatibility list. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm specifically what is and isn't supported under a 64 bit Vista.

Thanks!

More can be found here;

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Thanks for the links. Disappointing that absolutely nothing works under 64-bit.

I can't check but I believe vmpro works on a 64 bit machine
but you need to be on one of the latest releases

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I just had an issue where we had 64 bit machine with Server 2003. It is a 412 with VM Pro and a USB feature key.

VM Pro loaded, but the e-mail control panel did not load. We could not figure out how to specify mail server info so that we can send e-mail notification.

Admin loaded, but Key Server module did not show up as an installation option. Kinda an issue after 2 hours for VM.

We had to move to an older server. Tech Support said that VM Pro should work with Server 2008.

I think you will find that those things that don't work on 64-bit are either discontinued or soon to be discontinued products (CCC, CRM, Voicemail Lite) or client applications (PMP, Soft Console) which by the way are also outdated and soon to be replaced by 1XP.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I hope they don't axe Phone manager, it wipes it ar*e with 1XP at the moment :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

There is a reason that there is no R5 version of the User apps. :) There are no R6 versions either.

Kyle Holladay
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I am not joking when I say that will probably lose us 25% of our sales, they are a massive selling point just like VM Pro and the customers we have shown 1XP along with PMP and SoftConsole think 1XP is pants but they love PMP and Softconsole. As if things were not bad enough already :-(

I agree 1XP has a LONG WAY to go. But the new build is slick and much better than the curren R5 build.

Kyle Holladay
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

Probably pushing the limits as it is. Just hold off for your R6 EI release. I think you will be happy with the progress.

Kyle Holladay
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

cheers :)

on Amriddles point, i'm not sure it's the case daaan saaaf.

We have had pretty good feedback from demming it to potential clients and are starting to gather interest from larger sites who hate doing the phone manager upgrade whip round every six months or so.

I personally feel like it's a bit beta at the mo, but i think they will impress us. Let's face it, if they are confident enough in it to pull phone manager, then it must be good.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

Tom, you have too much faith in Avaya sometimes :) Have you seen what they are replacing the 54 series with? Newer is not always better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back