Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro 4.0 Multiple Conference Bridges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenNECIVSIPS

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
US
I am trying to set up multiple conference bridges in VMPro 4.0. Currently, we have only one.

Current Setup: When a user dials a number, they are sent to a Check Digits action that has the entry prompt and then looks for a password. If the password is correct, it sends them to the short code for the conference.

What I am trying to do is set up where the user is prompted to enter a conference password, and then check that against the 3 password we have entered and send them to the conference. If they enter an invalid entry, then we tranx them to the Operator.

I figured out that by using a menu action I could have them enter the conference number first (1,2,3,4, etc.) then enter and check the password and send them on, but this is not optimal, as we want them just to be able to enter the password and move on.

Any ideas? If someone can tell me how to grab the digits a user enters, then I can use the "Test Condition" variable to do it, but I can;t figure out how to grab what a user enters.

I saw the "Conferencing Center" action, but it did not seem to do anything and I think I read where there is a seperate install for that, which we do not have.

Thanks for any help.

I have just set this up under 3.2 (30) of Voicemail Pro.

The key to doing this is first define a variable to hold what the user entered (dialed on the phone). After using the first check digits function (to get the conference number), you can set your variable to $KEY (which is what the user last keyed in). Then keep doing a user-defined variable test.

When the user calls in, it will prompt them for a conference ID and then a pin number (2 seperate prompts). I use cascading checks to first check the conference number, then if they have a valid conference number, it checks the pin. If the pin is valid, it then does the short code to transfer to the appropriate conference. If the confence number did not match, it then checks the next conference number. The largest I have of these is 11 conference IDs/pins on 406 system.

Example:

Conference 1 id: 111111 Pin: 7777 ConfMeetMe: 501
Conference 2 id: 222222 Pin: 8888 ConfMeetMe: 502
Conference 3 id: 333333 Pin: 9999 ConfMeetMe: 503

Start ->
IF Check Digits (Conference Number) = "111111"
IF Check Digits (Check Pin) = "2111"
Assisted transfer to ConferenceMM 501
Else
Prompt invalid pin or conference (Conf_05.wav)
Goto Start
Else
Set VConfNum to $KEY
IF VConfNum = "222222"
IF Check Digits (Check Pin) = "8888"
Assisted Transfer to ConferenceMM 502
Else
Goto Start
Else
IF VConfNum = "333333"
IF Check Digits (Check Pin) = "9999"
Assisted Transfer to ConferenceMM 503
Else
Goto Start
Else
Goto Start

------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

If you are really stuck, I might be able to export an example that you can import (although mine if ver 3.2 (30).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back