Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Pro 11.1.2.4 (User Login Failed) - Server Edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
All,

Have an issue where I can login into Voicemail Pro with the Administrator account but not with any other service users. This is a primary server.

The option "Enable Voicemail Pro Client Interface" is turned on through web manager.

The service users are part of the same groups as the Administrator and they exist when I check through the server's web manager.

I've also rebooted but the issue remains.

No issues logging into IP Office manager, just Voicemail Pro.

Currently have an Avaya ticket open for this but they are extremely slow at the moment. Wondering if anyone else has any ideas or came across this issue before?

Thanks

One possibility is that the voicemail service is using its own local administrator accounts rather than sharing the IP Office service user accounts. Works that way if the Enable referred authentication option (Settings | System Settings | Authentication) is turned off in the platform view menus.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut

I've seen this before on other systems but it is missing on this primary server. Any idea where it went or why it's missing?

Currently in 7071 -> Settings -> System -> Authentication is not there.

Thanks

Edit:

Had to login as root user into 7071 and then I had to renable referred authentication. This fixed the main login issue too.

Thanks for the idea @sizbut

Happy to have remembered the first bit... and had totally forgotten the second so give yourself a star for working that one out.

Hi lleeNC,

You quoted "had to login as root user into 7071 and then I had to renable referred authentication"

What was the ssh commands used to enable referred authentication?

What was the ssh commands used to enable referred authentication?" - None.

As he said, he logged in on port 7071 using the root name and password. That as opposed to the usual login on port 7070 using an IP Office service user name and password.

As sizbut mentioned, no ssh command. Simply go to and login as the root user. Username being "root" and the password you have set for the root user from the initial setup.

Thank you both, lleeNC and Sizbut for the clarification.
Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back