Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Port Lockups after R4.2.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cozzman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 1, 2004
US
Is anyone else getting the old bug of locked V-mail ports because of messages that go blank when your listening to them. This was a 3 Com bug back in 4.1 but it was fixed. I'm running 4.3 now and it seems to be back. It is made worse by NBX Forward which seems to exactly duplicate the scenarios needed to lock up the v-mail port with amazing reliablility.

Interesting NBXBob - why do you feel this is related to smtp? Just curious as to what the tie-in would be.

Tallyho,
Mike

"Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers."

Yes I do I know all about the smtp thing and was one of many that demanded the secret page to add it back in.

When recording AA prompts and the # key is not hit after finishing each recording a VM port is locked up. Rebooting the NBX is the only way to recover the VM ports but all recorded prompts during that session are deleted. This issue appeared in 4.2 code and is exhibited in 4.3 code.

Fixed in S/W version 4.2.13 or higher

A request to fix or support this feature has been submitted to 3Com engineering for 4.3 code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back