Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail option for KX-TD1232?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q6600

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2008
US
We have a satellite office that is on an older system. The PBX is a KX-TD1232. Most of the phone sets are KX-T7425's.

There are 16 phones and the system uses 4 or 5 POTS lines that each ring to each phone.

The users of this system demoed a few new unified communication systems and hated them. Their workflow is formed on having all the pots lines on every phone, and the paging system. (intercom?) Also the location is in a bit of a rural area so services are limited.

My questions are: Is there any possibility of adding a voicemail system to this unit? (if so, would it be a "Voice Processing System KX-TVS200"?) Is it worth it with it being so old? How difficult is the system to program? I have some general telco experience but basically zero with Panasonic digital hybrid systems.

Thanks for any feedback.

You could use a tvm unit, but would recommend getting a panasonic installer to setup. it is not hard but with that system you had to do a few tweaks to get it work properly

as for is it a waste of money, I would say yes, but you could move it to a new panasonic if you upgrade in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back