Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail on hunt groups with MS voicemail solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTen4

Technical User
Jun 19, 2014
GB
Hi everyone

This might be a longshot, but worth a try.

My organisation has a CS1K based network with AACC and CallPilot in use. We're currently getting rid of CallPilot. Since doing this the Avaya way meant a spending money we don't have (moving to lots of red kit), we innovated a bit and we're using MS Exchange Unified Messaging to provide auto attendants for IVRs (routing into queueing scripts in AACC) and voicemail (we already had Exchange in place and up to date).

All has gone well so far and we're now rolling out MSUM voicemail. Teething problems might appear though of course, and I've found my first one this morning. We've got lots of hunt groups in use and some of the linear ones had, until now, routed to CallPilot if no-one was available - e.g. the callPilot DN, 1000, was the final entry in these groups. CallPilot then had mailboxes headed with the PLDN which would take messages.

The DN in use to reach MSUM voicemail (via session manager) is new. I've replaced 1000 with this new DN on hunt groups where it needed to be done. However, what we're now seeing is that where a call to a hunt group should be routed to voicemail it is successfully reaching MSUM, but the caller is then provided with the announcement as if they are trying to log into a mailbox, NOT the greeting they should hear before leaving a message.

Obviously this is a new implementation of a system outside of the Nortel/Avaya family, so I appreciate suggestions might be vague or scarce! Considering CallPilot was able to recognise that an incoming call was intended for mailbox X, but MSUM seemginly can't, I'm thinking that our CS1K is still passing over the same detail it ever did (CLI?), but MSUM is ignoring it. Instead, it's treating the inbound call as someone dialling the new MSUM voicemail DN rather than having dialed the hunt group PLDN. We're only seeing this issue on hunt groups. Where the same MSUM DN is sat in FDN, EFD, etc on sets such as 1120s, then it works perfectly well.

Any advice on what might be worth investigating?

Cheers
Mike

How is the MSUM DN configured? ACDN? CDN? Digital TN? Analog TN? Trunk route?

Hi StanleySteamer. It's a DSC routing through Session Manager to MSUM.

CallPilot meanwhile was reached via 1000. 1000 is a CDN on our CS1K and the 'voice messaging' SDN on our CallPilot server. I'm not sure how to track the full route between the two (my experience with CDNs relates to AACC), but it worked anyway - calls to phones or hunt groups which weren't picked up would be routed to the mailbox of said phone or hunt group PLDN. Having switched 1000 out for the new DN, MSUM is taking messages for phones fine, but not for hunt groups. A call through a hunt group does reach MSUM, but it's treated as though the caller has dialled the MSUM DN, not the hunt group PLDN.

What does a traceSM say for the information being passed to the MSUM? Maybe build some rules for the adaption that change the passed number information to more closely align to where you want the caller to get to?

I'm not hugely familiar with use of Session Manager and traceSM myself, so this is where I stumble. I've thankfully got a 3rd party support guy looking into this now though. I've made some test calls inward and I'm aware he's, looking at Session Manager to see what's happening on those calls.

Thanks for the pointers up to now anyway. Any further advice is welcome! I'll update back here once we've got a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back