Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voicemail notification to cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnichol

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
WE ARE REPLACING A LOT OF OUR PAGER AT WORK WITH CELL PHONES. NOW IT IS SETUP SO THAT WE GET A PAGE WHEN WE HAVE A NEW VOICEMAIL. IS THERE A WAY TO RECIEVE A TEXT WHEN WE GET A NEW MESSAGE. I CAN MAKE IT SO WE GET A PHONE CALL BUT DONT REALLY LIKE ALL THE MISSED CALLS AND VOICEMAILS TELLING ME I HAVE VOICEMAILS.

THANKS

In CallPilot 2.x, 3, 4, and 5 you can use Remote Text Notification.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

we have call pilot release 5 how do i go about setting that up. I am new to call pilot

Well here is the summary:

1. Go to Messaging/External Email Servers
Enter in the information for your organization's email server.
2. Go to Messaging/Message Delivery Configuration
Go down to SMTP/VPIM. Enter the email server's IP address in the Outgoing SMTP Mail/Proxy Server field.
3. Go to Messaging/Notification Device Classes
Enter a name for your device class such as "Text Notification". Save it.
4. Go to User/Mailbox Classes Open a Class of Service and allow Remote Text Notification Capability.
5. Place the mailbox in that Class of Service and go down to Remote Text Notification. Enable it and select the device class you created in step 3. Enter the address to send a text message.

This is only a summary. You may have to have someone from your organization's IT department that works with the email server work with you. You might show him/her some of these fields and they will know what to put.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back