Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail message key on 5340

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKMitel

Technical User
Mar 17, 2008
GB
Hello all, just upgraded a 3300 from 8.something to 8.0UR5, I'm now getting the customer complaining that when that get left a vmail & they press the message key it doesn't go straight into their mailbox like it did pre upgrade. Instead it asks them to enter some details which they do but they always get an error. How can I get it so when they press that message key it works like it did before the upgrade. Vmail is Nu Point.

Cheers

What release is NuPoint running and what kind of integration are you using?

The message key functionallity can change on 5340's and 5330's on a upgrade.

You need to go into the applications page and modify the way that the key works afterwards.

I sometimes assumes Visual Mail after upgrade.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

It's a pretty new install (about a year old) & Nu Point has just been upgraded to what I assume is the latest version of software (I didn't do the upgrade), I will need to find out what release & integration type as I don't really know, config of mailboxes etc is web based though (through IE) so not too sure if that helps?!

kwbMitel, is that something that would need to be completed on every phone individually or is there anywhere on the system that I can make this change?

Unfortunatly it needs to be done set by set.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Cheers kwbMitel, thats worked!

Now to change the setting on the rest of the phones.........

Hi

Sorry but where is the applications page?

i100

hi

ohh, i see, the application page on the phone, but this does not work, it does not call the VM.

i100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back