Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Login : User does not have rights? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
loging into my voicemail pro and getting "this user does not have necessary rights to access this application". Running 9.0.0.333 and Windows 8.1. Anyone have any idea whats up. Works from other desktops.

Try to run it as administrator.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have the same problem. Voicemail pro 9 is running on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and I am on Windows Pro 8.1. I am running it as Administrator. I can run it fine from the server and it does not even ask for a user name or password.

I figured it out. After running from another computer where it worked, I went back to my PC and tried to right click and run the client as administrator. Voilà it works. Just have to deal with the annoying UAC window.

Turn UAC off....that's a home user feature, corporate AV/firewall are above and beyond what that offers anyway :)

Can't believe there are technical PC users who do not try to run as administrator after the first failure, really...[ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back