Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Light IPO500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgaideski

Technical User
Mar 10, 2009
US
We have a dedicated Windows embedded box used for all of our IPOffice 500 interactions. It also serves as a voicemail light server, and is our file server for the system.

I am in the process of creating a virtual machine to replace this system. I have two questions.

The first: Has anyone successfully used a microsoft virtual machine for voicemail light or as a file server. I would assume this wouldnt matter as long as its giving a static IP.

The second: I am having some issue finding the voicemail light installation. I download version 6, 5, and 4.2 but have not been able to locate the voicemail light installer in any of them. Is this a standalone application? I thought when we originally installed it, it was bundled with 4.2.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Vmlite is not supported anymore from version 5.0 and up.

It should be possible to use it on a virtual machine.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

VM LITE isn't supported after 4.2, so shouldn't be used for R5 or R6 if that's what you use, it normaly resides on the Admin CD but you will not find it past 4.2. It should run OK with virtual but again this isn't supported at all :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

ROFLMAO! I haven't seen VM Lite in so long that I read it as voicemail 'light' and wondered "how the heck do they use a server to turn on the light for voicemail".

At any rate tlpeter is correct. There is no technical reason why you should be unable to use a virtual machine for Voicemail Lite so long as you can get the client OS that supports it. There is no current version of IP Office that supports Voicemail Lite however.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back