Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail hangs up on calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizkitchris

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
I have a MICS w/6.1 XC software and a NAM8

I have a centrex line pool group that rings into an ANS DN which appears on 4 phones that each don't have voicemail.

The CCR tree in VM is set to answer the calls play TOD greeting and then give the caller the menu tree. The lines are set to be answered Right now when you call the main centrex line, it rings twice and then basicly hangs up on the caller giving them dial tone. I've tried to see if I could use that dial tone to make calls but, nope. either way, the VM should not hang up on the caller. It should process the call through the ccr tree.

Any thoughts???

Are you sure you are hearing CO dial tone. Is it possible one of your greetings is recorded dial tone. Have a listen to your greetings and ccr home recording from INSIDE the voice mail.

Don't laugh it off I've seen it before.

M

I agree with powerflower. I have 1 line that I used to provide a dialtone wav file on my BCM because the line was a dedicated outbound data line for RAD access and got tired of telemarketers etc. calling it.

MarvO said it

This happened to me once before and I had inadvertently set DISA to "Y" on that line so it would auto answer with dial tone on the second ring.

Good Luck!

PhoneLady

I figured out we had a bad DS line card. We replaced the card and all is well now.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back