Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail for Definity system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2004
LU
I have G3csiV9 definity system what system can i use for voicemail?

Their are a lot of vendors out there that have voicemail systems that will interface with your csi. When we purchased our Intuity we looked at several of these and decided to stay with an Avaya product. From our experience of shopping around it seems that most of the other brands wee looked at didn’t have the capacity that we would need and several of the feature we had decided on were not available through these other vendors. I would recommend you base your decisions of what one to purchase by the number of users you have plans to put behind this system and weigh the features carefully. The only other system that we really considered close to the Intuity was made by a company called Duvoice. They had a really nice product and their technical support group was great to work with. I would certainly look at their products.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Stay with avaya, you will be much happier in the long run. Get a Definity audix if they still make it. We had 25 VSs and 5 CSIs running 2 port definity audix's. Very stable and integration is a snap. they just plug into 3 slots on the CSI carrier.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I agree with everyone else to stay with an Avaya product, but if cost is an issue there are some decent windows based systems out there. Let me know if you want more info.

If you go with any other product not made by Avaya you will lose some features, but not features that are used that much. Definity Audix is discontinued for sale and support according to what I have read, and takes up too many slots for many users with a Prologix. It is nice that you don't have to have a separate box to mess with like Intuity. Intuitys are available used for a couple hundred bucks on web auction sites. The best Intuitys are the ones that use optical backup and made by Kontron instead of Acer. All new Map5s are made by Kontron now.

i would recommend an innovations vms...they have come a long way since they were on a dos box...the new product 2020 or express, depending on how busy your site is, has a few features that integrate well with the avaya pbx....you can contact them by their website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back