Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail for a blind user

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrote

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Can you please help? I need to be able to let a blind person know they have a voicemail waiting for retrieval. We curently use MeridianMail 13 and digital phones - it's a call centre. It there a way I can get the digitial phone to give a broken dial tone?
Thanks
Scrote

If these are calls to a non-call centre private number on his phone then 1 solution is to use remote notification on that number to a personal pager. If he's on a call & someone leaves a msg his pager goes off. If he's walking around etc he may hear multiple pages.

If this is for an ACD number then he would get all kinds of pages for all calls in a queue that were configured for voice mail - not a good idea.

If he is 1 agent on a "low" volume queue the remote notification might work.

I agree that a pager is probably the best solution. Another idea might be to install a single line set on the users desk and have remote notification call that extension when a message is left. You could set the remote notification up to continue trying to notify the user until they successfully log in.

Remote notification is always the easiest solution, but you may even look at a 3rd party device from Algo. The Algo 4100 AuxBox monitors activity of a Nortel TDM digital telephone for the purpose of event notification.

You may even be able to get a PVL to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back