Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail flowchart call gets cut if the extension is non existant 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysadmoly

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2013
CA
I have an Avaya IP office 8.0 with Embedded Voicemail Pro Linux version.

When I call and the auto attendant answers I can punch in the wright extension and it goes to the person intended.

If I accidentally dial the wrong extension and the number is not in the system, the voicemail just cuts me off...

Is there something at the transfer level in the flowchart that needs to be added so that it loops back and the user can reneter the wright extension.

If any one can help please.

Thanks

Embedded voicemail pro linux version.

My guess, you mean voicemail pro, running on the UC module?

Yes, there is a way to do it.

I'm pretty sure someone else already asked this, and I *think* I wrote up a diagram on how to do it in vmpro. The key is to link the dialed extension (whether good or bad), to a test variable, that tests to see if it is a valid extension/huntgroup/mailbox.

If you'd like, I could *PROBABLY* be bothered to write up a faq for it.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Here, I wrote one up. faq940-7654

-Austin
qrcode.png

I am lazy by nature so I use a shortcode for it which send the call back to VM pro telling the caller the number does not exsist and then connect it to the menu again.
Lets say you extensions are in the range 100 to 140 and they select 150 then that user does not exist.
If you have a shortcode SC=1XX,TN="Invalid",Feature=Voicemail Node and in the VM Client make a new entry in the Specifice Shortcode area named "Invalid", create a call flow to present the recording and link it then to the module with the menu.
You need to use the Voicemail Node otherwise VM will reject the call. You cannot transfer a call from voicemail to voicemail within three seconds, the Voicemail Node will take about ten seconds to be picked up by VM.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

That's an interesting way of doing it!

-Austin
qrcode.png

Being lazy always brings up interesting things :)
You see that simple thoughts most of the times gives good and simple ideas.
Even internal wrong dialed numbers give this message now.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Another star for AACon...

A question though regarding the FAQ? In the case of overlay dialing, where 2 is used for an action, plus extensions start with 2, and you would normally transfer to 2$KEY, can you copy 2$KEY to $CP0 and thus carry the 2?? extensions through this module? Or would you have increment $CP0 by "200" to restore the extension?

I'm not in front of a system to try,

GB

$KEY can be send to $CP0 indeed as i do that all the time.
I am not sure if 2?? will be seen as $KEY although.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

@Greybeard;
yes, you can. However, the trick to overlaying extensions is that the [2] option on the main menu would then go to an alternate menu with a ?? and a timeout around 3 seconds. You would route that ?? to the generic copy point, and put 2$KEY, instead of just $KEY. The timeout of course would route wherever it needs to go.

2?? would be seen as $KEY, but cannot overlap with with a 2 in the same menu...2 would get matched first. But yes, if 2?? was an option, it would see that as $KEY, as $KEY is just whatever you pressed, last dtmf entry and all.

-Austin
qrcode.png

$KEY holds all the dialled digits so including the 2 from the 2?? option.
As an alernative you could add a $ as a common wildcard catching any number not defined, makes it possible to dial a external number as well so be carefull with that.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back