Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail. Extension assigned

Status
Not open for further replies.

YVaschuk

Programmer
Mar 31, 2007
CA
I try to create mailbox #221.
It create correctly but when I try assign the ext. #221 I see "Extension assigned" and this number is missing.
If this possible to create voicemail #221 with ext. #221?
This extension is receptionist phone.

As exsmogger said, that ext is probably assigned to mb 100, but that was probably done for a reason...
First, what model VM are you using? On a call pilot, you can disable the general delivery.
MB 100 is where calls go in VM as a "last resort"(If a caller presses a wrong digit, or is transferred to vm from an ext without a mailbox, etc...).

If you do decide to change the assigned mailbox on x221, I'd definitely find another set to assign mb100 to, otherwise your customer is going to miss calls.

YV...what up mang?

Brian and Rik both right!

you no wanna change x221 to mbox 221.

It make big headache for you.

All other mboxes ok if same as ext. # but not x221.

x221 need mbox 100 as default, catch all mbox.

you no wanna find out hard way that mbox 100 have 1000 or more messages and lock up whole system on you! :)

Phonehed in Dallas

maybe you give operator guest mailbox 221 but no assign to ext. #221? you make mbox 221 call user when message come in, that solve problem no?

She have to check 2 mboxes but she get her own personal mbox that way and she get found in directory.

Phonehed in Dallas

Phonehed,

I just "repaired" a Call Pilot for a customer that had 114 new messages in the GD mailbox. Since the GD mailbox was full it wreaked all sorts of havoc with the AA and call processing. Not the first time I've seen this.

Brian Cox

My record is 1,614 new messages in GD mb.

Needless to say, that customer finally agreed to let me assign mb 1000 to an ext. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back