Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail email

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlSutton

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2014
CA
Hey all,

looking for some input.. when receiving a voicemail to email , it includes a link that is supposed to allow users to manage their voicemails in a web browser.
Mine currently shows: , which obviously isn't correct , and I can see in the options where to change the physical link , but if I input my Ucx ip address in place of "AMPWEBADDRESS" I just get a page can't be displayed, like it's an invalid path.

Is there something that needs to be enabled to allow this interface?
I've tried various extensions,and directly accessing the ip for the ucx web interface is no problem, but if I add the /recordings path like documented , or use the above link with the correct IP , I get nothing.

Thanks in advance.

1. Go to the PBX/Tools page. Select the Configuration File Editor. go to the last page and select the vm_email.inc file.

2. Edit the AMPWEBADDRESS in the line 'Visit to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n' and change it to whatever address you would like the users to see.

for example: Visit to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

I hope this helps! Have a blessed night!

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Thanks for the quick response!
I have edited the link but when clicking i dont get the logon screen , just a page cannot be displayed , same with just copy paste the link above and put my ucx ip in... This is across two different sites so , not a network issue , and the ucx web config is accessible at both as well.

Two different sites? You will need to use the Public IP address of the router to access this. You will have to set the Port Forwarding on the router for the Remote Access top forward Port 443 to the internal IP address of the UCx. And if the end customer doesn't want you to forward Port 443, you can use an "off used" port such as 9898 and Port Forward that port to Port 443 on the UCx using TCP protocol. You will also need to populate the Public IP address in BOTH the SIP and Nortel settings.

So now your vm_email.inc file would look like this: Visit External IP address/recordings/index.php?login=${VM_MAILBOX} to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

In your web browser, you would do this," IP address>:9898/recordings/"

I know this works because I use it! [bigsmile]

When accessing this link , i am on a computer on the local lan , same subnet
By 2 sites i mean i have the same problem with 2 different ucx systems
This is all i see:
image_ugjesg.jpg
[sup][/sup]

This seems like it should be very straightforward , but for some reason...
Hitting 192.168.100.2 lets me access the ucx no problem.

Thanks again everyone

OK...Notice your graphic has "Port 443" on it. Is Port 443 of the router forwarded somewhere else for external access to a server or something? That could be what is going on. So, try Port Forwarding of a port, such as 9898 to Internal Port 443 of the UCx. THEN you can use an address like I posted above. IP address>:9898/recordings/"

I saw an instance where Port 443 was being used by the IT folks for access to a web server on site. Doing the Port Forwarding trick solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back