Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail direct shortcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTCBOT

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2009
US
I currently have a short code for each user to allow anyone to transfer people directly to voicemail of someone in the system. Each short code is configured *(extension number), Voicemail collect, "#(user name)". I want to know if there is a shortcode that can be configured as a system or user short code that can be applied to all users to accomplish the same task?

sc = #xxx
TN = .
Action = Voicemail Collect

If your numbering scheme has four digits then the SC = #xxxx

KTCBOT, +1 for Intigrants shortcode, I use the same all the time, also for future reference it's usually best if creating your own shortcodes especially ones with x's or N's to use a # at the start as using * you can clash with existing system shortcodes :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

My current system was setup by a company years ago and we have not changed much even during major upgrades. To give you an idea. This configuration started in the 2.1 version. We are now on 5. I have been learning the IP Office system for the past 4 years by trial and error. I keep trying to find better ways to do what we are already doing, just easier. I appreciate the suggestions and will try soon.

You need to set your short code to #xxxx/VoicemailCollect/"#"N/0 on 5.0 software. You have to have the quotation marks around the #, but not the extension number. That is, "#xxxx" will fail. I am not sure exactly which version of software had this change.

Frank

Frank Robertshaw
The Phone Guy
Nashville, TN

This changed somewhere in 4.2 i believe
Intrigrant uses the . and i use a N
It really does not matter as long as the goal is achieved

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Does this work on embedded. I tried something like this on embedded and couldn't make it work.

Thanks

Oh, just to quantify that, your shortcode would have a N in it somewhere that gets passed to the VM as the N mentioned above?

. essentially does the same as N.

i couldn't get it working on embedded recently.

ended up using:
#XXX
#N
with no quotes. worked on 5.0(8) no other combinations would work.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

cant get this to work.....

vmpro
v5.0

no matter what i try it wont transfer to the extns vmail.

I have managed to get this working using one code per extension, my SC is #7xxx / vm collect / "#"N so for ext177 it would be #7177 / vm collect / "#"N

But ... is there a way to have the user key in #7 followed by the extension numbers, thus only using 1 SC instead of 50 of them? I tried various combinations including adding $KEY but none worked.

being able to enter just #7(extension number) would make it far more usefull?

Paul

why do you even need the 7?

I use
#XXX
vm col
"#"N

it's only on embedded it seemed to be a gink, and then

#XXX
vm col
#N

worked.

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

Do you have other short codes that start with a #. they may be over lapping. i generally try not to use a code like #xxx. i try to get more specific because then i can use other # codes. so i would use

#1xx
Vm collect
"#"1N

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Paul, just adding that #7xxx shortcode you already have into system shortcodes will work as you want it to :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Wow fast replies! Thanks.

OK, When I set this up, I have always been in the habit of using xxx as variable numbers that could be replaced with whatever, and openly admit here to actually putting #7177 as the shortcode, now I have changed it to #7xxx it works fine :) doh! I need a holiday :)

I added the 7 so as to make it very different to normal extensions, so telling people to use #7(Extn Num) is a feature ......

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back