Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Hi everyone,

I'm Avaya by day and was interested in the Siemens world, so I picked up an Openscape Business V2 system (really wanted a Rolm 9751 but that's proven difficult). I've got pretty much everything setup the way I want, but I cannot figure out how to configure a DID for external access to voicemail. It looks straightforward if you're using the EVM card, but I'm using the UC Suite. The voicemail extension does't actually appear as a station, so I have nowhere to set a DID for it. I've read the documentation and I don't see anything clear on it.

I tried creating a virtual extension that forwards to the voicemail extension. When I call it I get promoted to enter an extension, but it transfers me to the extension instead of asking for a password. I've tried adding a hunt group with the voicemail extension as an external destination via the UC trunk route, but that just prompts me to leave a message. I tried creating an auto attendant with a single step transfer to the voicemail extension as the first step, but that only prompts for an extension and then asks me to leave a message.

How can I setup a DID that goes directly to voicemail login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back